Wednesday, May 29, 2013

7 Month Favorites for Baby


I hate buying tons of baby toys that are pointless (And those things get expensive!!) so I googled best toys for development. I found this chart that goes by age! A lot of fantastic ideas on there. Anyway, stacking rings and wooden blocks are both on there, so I got a cheap set of both. (Here are the blocks we got. They come with a canvas bag for storage--handy!) Liam can't exactly stack the rings yet, but he loves to knock them down and carry the individual pieces around the house. I think he likes the clanking noise it makes on the ground while he's crawling...

We have ventured into the world of finger foods! Puffs, Lil Crunchies, Waffle Wheels...I love em' all! (Liam does too!) The waffle wheels are probably my favorite because they are bigger and last longer. If he's fussing, I'll hand him a Waffle Wheel and be good for at least 5-10 minutes while he plays with it, crawls around with it, and finally (maybe...) eats it! These say they're for a 'crawler' on the package, but I started giving them to Liam pry around 6.5 months when he was still learning to crawl. As with any food--don't feed to your baby unsupervised, and I make it a rule to never feed him snacks in the carseat since I wouldn't know if he was choking.

Ahhh yes. We teethed this month. Liam is actually working on tooth number four right now--four teeth in one month! Yeah, it was rough. I really think the Orajel helped.

I make Liam's food most of the time, but obviously if we're on the go, these are much more convenient.  Earth's Best, Plum Organics, and Happy Tot are my favorite in terms of ingredients. Liam doesn't really have a favorite--he'll eat anything. Still haven't found a food he doesn't like....

I mentioned Baby Food Making--This book really helped me get started. It goes into the basics of cooking/pureeing, lists the best foods by age, foods baby shouldn't eat, and has countless puree recipes. After awhile I just started experimenting on my own, but if you plan on making your own baby food, I'd definitely recommend a book!


1 comment:

  1. Good call on the toys that babies love. I find myself searching for toys that are simple in nature without the flashing lights and such. I don't want to overstimulate Joaquin. I'll definitely invest in some good wooden blocks.

    ReplyDelete