Wednesday, June 19, 2013

8 months old!

Another month has come and gone, and once again, I feel as if I blinked....





Weight: 17 pounds, 12 ounces 
(Liam has actually lost a little weight since he started crawling full force!)
Height: 27.5 inches 
Clothing size: 6-9 & 9... 12 months for PJ's
Shoe Size: 3
Diaper size: 3 

Feeding: I still haven't really found a food that Liam dislikes! He's tried lots of new things this month...new purees, and we've introduced lots and lots of finger foods. 
A typical day now goes like this:
He's still nursing, so first thing in the morning, he nurses for about 15-20 min. 
About an hour later, some oatmeal mixed with fruit, and maybe some cheerios.
After his morning nap, he nurses again (15-20) and then I'll usually give some type of snack-- usually just a small little finger food. I haven't really introduced solids for lunch yet, but some days, if I feel like he's acting really hungry, I'll give him a puree an hour or so after he nurses. 
After his afternoon nap, he'll nurse for maybe 10 minutes, and then an hour or so later, it's dinner time. I have started giving him cut-up veggies, cheese, deli meat, diced peaches/pears, bread, etc. Sometimes, he'll get some of what we've having. If I feel like he didn't eat a lot of it, I'll feed him a puree, too.
Then he nurses before bed time for 15-20 minutes.

Sleep: Every time we get into a good sleep routine, it changes!! We grew more teeth this month, so for the most part, he woke up about once a night. I think he was just uncomfortable and couldn't put himself back to sleep, mostly. I usually just nurse him for 10 minutes and he goes right back to sleep, and thankfully, so do I!

Naps have been a little easier this month, aside from a few rough days. He's actually started taking longer naps... (3 hours some days!!) which is unheard of for Liam! Up until now, he's never been a long napper. Anyway, I attribute it to growing, and I'll gladly embrace it! He usually takes two naps a day, the first one being 2-2.5 hours, the second one is always a little shorter. 

Milestones: Man.. SUCH a big month for milestones!! If you read my 7 month post, you'll see that he was 'mobile'... scooting, dragging, army crawling, etc., but not full on crawling on all fours. A few days after he turned 7 months, he just figured it out and hasn't stopped since!! Crawling EVERYwhere. And he's gotten FAST!!


(The dog food is his FAVORITE thing to play with/eat....)

He started standing in his crib a while ago, but around the same time he started crawling, he also started pulling up on everything. He just wants to crawl, crawl, crawl & stand, stand, stand!




He also figured out... completely on his own... how to climb the stairs... ????
So yeah, it's gate city in our house!


We've also grown two more teeth this past month (for a grand total of FOUR!) and almost learned to say 'mama'!! I'd say it was a very productive month.

Adventures: We didn't do anything huge this month, other than the typical beach trips & lots of playdates with other babes! Liam definitely got all his 'adventurousness' out by exploring every nook and cranny of the house.
Oh! But he did get to experience his first carnival, where he rode the carousel, went to the petting zoo, and watched a fun circus show. He loved every bit of it!
 Mommy and Daddy could not get through the month without: 
My gosh, those gates!! Lots of patience and energy, because we've been doing a lot of chasing!

And just for fun...
(He has definitely outgrown the blanket I used to take his photos on!)




1 comment:

  1. He is just too cute, seems like my little man was just 8 months old. We are going on 18 months now and I still can't believe how fast its going.

    ReplyDelete