Monday, April 22, 2013

Meal Planning Monday

Happy Monday! 
This week is a super-busy week for me--
Awhile ago I bought some vendor space at a local craft fair, so I'm up to my eyeballs in sewing trying to get lots of stuff done to sell at the fair...it's not for another two weeks, but I'm getting it all done early because...
One of my dearest friends is coming to visit us on the island this week! We'll get to meet each other's babies for the first time (her son was born three weeks after Liam!) and just enjoy spending some quality time together beaching it up, drinking moscato, and playing with our babies.
Anyway, I'm so glad I already had most of these meals planned out & the groceries bought because I won't have much time to think about dinner.
Since we do have guests coming, we won't likely use all of these this week, but that's the good thing about remaining flexible--we'll just save them for later.



Chipotle-Glazed Chicken w/ Sweet Potatoes
My stomach is growling just looking at it. I looove sweet potatoes and anything spicy, so I'm dying to try this.

Chicken & Veggie Alfredo
(With Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce!)
Chicken Alfredo is what Keith gets every time we go to an italian restaurant, so I love making it at home. I often try to make my alfredo sauce from scratch, but it's sooo fatty! Heavy cream, tons of butter, cheese....So I was excited when I found this lighter version of alfredo sauce!
I always add lots of fresh veggies to my chicken alfredo--broccoli, peas, peppers & onions are my favorite.

Baked Fajitas
The recipe is for chicken, but we eat chicken a lot so I used steak instead. Made these last night & they were delicious!

Enchilada Pasta Casserole 
(Thanks Tessa!)
I've heard this is delicious & can't wait to try it. Oh, and I'll be using ground turkey instead of beef.

Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
We've had this several times, it's a winner! Easy & delicious.
I might even throw some sweet potatoes in with it for an easy side.







4 comments:

  1. For the baked fajitas that you used steak for instead of chicken, did you keep the same baking time and bake it for 20-25 minutes? I am a FREAK when it comes to cooking meat. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took about 25 I'd say--depends on how you like your steak :) I just always pull it out and check the meat & then put it back in if need be.

      Delete
  2. I forgot to ask how was the casserole? Also I am stalking your blog for dinner ideas! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The CASSEROLE. OMG so it was seriously. My favorite meal of the MONTH. It's now in my top 5 meals...probably of all time. I LOVED it. Actually after I put everything together I realized it was a TON of food and we'd never eat it all so I froze half of it, and then I was pissed that I didn't have leftovers, but I can't wait to make that other half!

      Delete