Monday, July 1, 2013

Meal Planning Monday

Happy July & Happy Monday!



I was doing my meal plan/grocery list Thursday and I stumbled across my new FAVORITE blog/website for healthy meals...  

Awesome and awesome! SO SO many recipes you guys, and everything is organized so well by category over on the right hand side...I seriously did almost our entire meal plan for the next two weeks from this site. And I have to say...I'm suuper excited about some of the grub we're in for!!




Ok. I made this already. OMG. OMG. I can't even say how good it was! I'm actually really disappointed there weren't more leftovers... my husband LOVED it too. Like, really really really loved. 
It's soo healthy, too--so many fresh veggies, and you can really use whatever veggies you like best--red potatoes, but sweet potatoes would be awesome too, and the SAUSAGE, man the sausage. I used spicy italian turkey sausage and it was to DIE for. 
I ate mine with a small side of light sour cream.... perfect. 
(this whole skillet would be great for breakfast, too!)

Had last night. Also awesome. I really modified this recipe, though-- I didn't notice that the directions asked me to bake it for an hour, and I didn't have time for that, so I did it like a stir-fry. I cooked the chicken in a skillet, and then did a separate pan of fresh veggies--broccoli, zucchini & yellow squash-- and then served everything over brown rice with the sauce on top.
I didn't love the sauce-- it was really sweet for me, so next time I'll modify it with much less sugar. Or, just use your favorite bottled sauce!

A friend recommended this one, thanks Amber, and I can't wait to try it! It's not exactly 'healthy', but I'll use veggie pasta and serve lots of fresh veggies on the side to make up for it!

We love traditional Shepherd's pie, and we love sweet potatoes, so I can't wait to try this!

Like lasagna, but lighter and easier? SIGN ME UP!

We haven't made steaks at home for a while, so I'm pretty stoked about this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment